* Try Chapayev Lite to see the gameplay.
Chapayev is a game played on a checkerboard, a unique hybrid of checkers and billiards which is played throughout the territory of the former USSR. The aim is to knock the opponent's pieces off the board.
It is named after a Red Army hero of the Russian Civil War. The war was fought between the Red and White Armies from 1918 to 1921. «Chapayev» is very popular and has many variations
To begin with, two lines of eight checkers are placed on the opposite sides of a standard checkerboard.
The pieces on one side of the board are all red and the pieces on the other side are all white.
The player to move first is chosen randomly. A player is allowed to flick any of his pieces with a swipe gesture. The aim of the game is to knock as many of your opponent’s pieces off the board as you can. It is advisable to avoid losing your own pieces, but this is not the main goal of the game.
A round is finished when one of the players has lost all his pieces. If both players lose all their pieces during the same move, the piece which was last to go off the board determines the winner.
The winner of a round gets to start the next round with his pieces one row further forward. Once one player has advanced his pieces to the centre of the board, he can win the whole game by winning the final round from that starting position.
This version of Chapayev for iPhone / iPod Touch includes the following features:
- Multiplayer - play online with your friends.
- Glicko Rating system is used to rate Players online.
- OpenFeint support
- unique AI with 100 different levels of difficulty, playing like a real human being
- AI can be switched to adaptive mode - so that you always feel that your opponent is competitive but not frustrating
- Player vs Player game mode on the same iPhone / iPod Touch
- Instant replay feature showing best moves in slow motion
- Easy and intuitive gesture based control - thrust your pieces with just a move of your finger
- Calculation and tracking of scores awarded
- Achievements system - total of 500 OpenFeint and GameCenter points are available through achievements system
Further updates scheduled:
- multiplayer over bluetooth
- native iPad support
- additional variations of game with different rules (in addition to classical mode available now)
Please support further updates by buying official application.
Anti-pirate routines were removed from the application starting version 3.0.1.